The journey from story to legend
On 27th of september, together with NBF (Dutch Association of Film- and Video Professionals) and NFF (Dutch Film Festival Utrecht) we are organising an event on crossmedia, transmedia and film. Which actually is not just about film.. off course. More information can be found on the website http://www.fromstorytolegend.com
The conference is a starting point…
From Story Legend strives to stimulate and increase high quality transmedia productions in the Netherlands, creating larger and more diverse audiences attracted to media productions, strengthening the Netherlands’ position as an international player in the audiovisual market:
- Encourage and promote the quality of transmedia productions in the Netherlands
- The deployment of transmedia techniques to search, find, engage and preserve new and diversified audiences for Dutch arts, culture and entertainment productions.
- The deployment of transmedia techniques to promote and encourage ‘media literacy’ of audiences. (For instance: participation, co-creation & crowd sourcing of media content)
- To encourage better cooperation between makers of classical media utterances and ‘new’ media practicioners to establish meaningful cross-media projects.
- The exchange and promotion of knowledge about transmedia production techniques
- Promoting transmedia co-productions for Dutch media companies
- Actively taking up a position in the international market for transmedia works by Dutch parties.
- Educating media professionals in the current film and television market on crossmedia and transmedia.
- Training and building curriculum on cross media for television, film and media students.
- Actively building a recognizable and acknowledged level of international Excellence in transmedia production for Dutch parties.
- Encouraging co-production for Dutch companies to leverage productions to wider audiences/markets
Co-production and funding
* Collaboration between disciplines from traditional media and new media.
* Actively investigating and acting upon international co-production possibilities for crossmedia/transmedia productions in all fields (originating from film, television, “new” media, games etc).
* Supporting, actively searching and finding transmedia specialists and international co-production partners for Dutch- producers, broadcasters, film distributors and Publishers
* Actively investigating and identifying sources for funding of transmedia productions for transmedia developers.
New & diverse audiences
* Search, find, build and maintain audiences through audience engagement strategies: social, interpersonal and contextual ‘entrypoints’ as means to encounter upon transmedia productions.
* Developing and enabling second-and third screen strategies for broadcasters, publishers and producers geared towards getting audiences engaged in the unfolding transmedia production.
* Actively enabeling media users to develop a self-conscious way of using media and to learn to make choices and encourage participation in the media domain as media audiences.
* Script Writers, developers: How does storytelling change with transmedia, what formats are applicable?
* Publishers and broadcasters: How to reach more diverse audiences and enable to find new audiences in ‘unexpected places’.
* Producers: How you can increase productionvalue for your projects with the use of transmedia techniques.
* Distributors: How new forms of storage and distribution of film and video, generate new business models.
From here our journey has started…. we heartfully welcome all who find these goals meaningfull to join us on our great adventure and contribute a little or some more.. All is welcome, such as referrals to our work, your time and comments, expertise and well yes.. funds as well.